Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chocolate Chippie Biscuits


Blair has been "complaining" about the biscuits I have been making. He really wants chocolate chippie biscuits and I didn't have a recipe. I know, for something so common! Well I most likely have but not here with me. So when I came across the "Women's Weekly Macaroons and biscuits" cook book/magazine, and the first recipe was the biscuits I knew I HAD to buy it. There was a small grumbling about why did I need another book, but once I made them all was forgiven. So of the batch there is only two left so I am guessing they are popular. I used chocolate and just broke up a huge bar of dark chocolate. I just love dark chocolate!
Chocolate Chippie Biscuits:
250 grams butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar (the recipe says caster sugar, I just used normal and it was ok)
1 egg
2 and 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
375 gram of chocolate (I used a king size bar which is 250 grams and that was plenty)
Cream butter and sugar, mix in everything else. The mix is quite sticky and gooey. They spread quite a bit, so when putting on the trays give them room to grow. Oven about 180 degrees, bake for about 15 mins. Yum!!!!!!!!! They are very soft them they first come out, but they sort of harden up after a few minutes of cooling.
The best thing about being over at the beach is we always have people popping in to say hi, so the baking doesn't last too long, so I have to keep making stuff. And baking makes me pretty happy!
It is completely bucketing with rain today. I feel a bit sorry for the people camping in the section next to us. I am sure they will be wet as. Our bach is a tiny wee thing but at least it keeps this horrible weather out and right now we are pretty grateful. I am pretty confident it will be a stay at home and TV day.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment